Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve



We had Christmas Eve dinner at Pam and Dave's, with Walt and Linda and Uncle James and Tia Lola and all the kids. It's hard for me to remember that far back now, but I know we had a lot of good food and desserts, and David and I had served at church so we came late and just enjoyed a quiet(ish) evening with the whole family.

Regan and Riley got iPads from Mimi and Papa, and it was funny, they took the iPads out and replaced them with good old Christian books on blood covenant and the power of healing. Riley seemed bothered that his gift wasn't what he thought it was, but it was just funny to watch their expressions as they tried so hard to be grateful!

Tia Lola got the kids Brazilian jewelry and she gave David and I a wooden carved saint, St. Francis of Assisi that has birds on him, he's adorable! And then Walt and Linda gave us the most awesome hand carved wooden cutting board that he made himself! We love it and have used it TONS! He signed the back of it for us, and I just love seeing that in my kitchen everyday and know that it was made just for me.

No comments: