Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years in Jacksonville

New Years in Jacksonville


Well, David and I have been trying to get out to see Elise for a while now, and it just hasn't happened. He doesn't have a lot of time to take off yet with the new job, and to get Hunter boarded, and take care of all the other pets around here, well, it just hasn't worked out yet. But, finally, I decided to just do a girl's road trip! Regan and I got up, I did some laundry, we packed and left town around noon. Stopped at Target to get a few things for the trip, and got into Jacksonville by dinner time! Had dinner with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Danny, got to meet and hold baby Mason (he was born on my mom's birthday, December 4th, so he's still a tiny little guy!) and see Elise.

I wasn't sure if she would remember me, or even want to be around me! She does have some stranger anxiety, but once I sat down on the floor and played with her present a little bit, she came over and put her forehead against mine and started talking to me! It was precious. After that, we were BFF's again. She loved to take Regan into her play house and have Regan read to her.

On New Year's Eve, we went to lunch with Nancy (Trista's BFF) and she had some friends over and we played games, 5 Second Rule and Mexican Train, watched some movies, and tried to stay up till midnight. Elise didn't make it much past 8, I barely made it to midnight, after falling asleep on the couch around 11! Then on New Year's Day, we went back to Aunt Kathy's for lunch of roast, black eyed peas and cabbage. Regan ate a whole head of cabbage just about, it was yummy! I always hate to leave, I feel close to my mom with that side of her family.  But I know we will be back soon. Regan and I made good time getting home, and I think the boys missed us a little bit!

No comments: