Friday, May 9, 2008

Conferences

We had student led conferences today, and you know it's coming...time to brag on the youngin's. Riley is of course, promoted to 4th grade, and he's doing great in school, still working on some focus issues, but overall, his reading and math levels are off the charts. Next year he will be going to a different campus, NYOS is split K-3rd at one, and 4-12th at the other, so I'm nervous about him being at a much bigger campus, with much bigger kids, but I know he will do great. One of his subs told me about a letter he wrote to his new teacher, and he wrote, "I'm a great kid, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME!" Gotta love that self-confidence!

Regan is promoted to 1st grade (my baby!) She started the year off not wanting to learn to read or write, and she's doing SO much better now. She's right where she needs to be, she is enjoying reading and writing in her journal, and unfortunately for us, every little thing becomes a story for her journal. As we were leaving for school the other day, I saw a cockroach in the laundry room, which is right next to the garage, and I'm assuming it just came in from the garage, but I yelled for David to come and kill it, quick! Wouldn't you know, Regan wrote a story about it for school, they probably think we're infested now. But it was so cute, she drew a picture of the roach with a smiley face until Dad stepped on it, then it had a sad face :( It was too cute. I love the details she notices, and the things she writes about, and I'm so happy that she's enjoying school, and loving to learn.

No comments: