Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Updates...

Well, it's been busy the past few weeks.

For starters, Riley was bench pressing and dropped a barbell on his nose and broke it. Got a call from the school trainer, so we rush him down to Dell Children's to find out there's not much they can do, but for us to wait for the swelling to go down and go to an ENT. So we've done that, and they tried to straighten his nose back out but it didn't work so now he will need surgery. His nose is still pretty crooked, but he can't breathe as well right now, and there's still a lot of pain, so as soon as school is out, he will have to have surgery to try and fix it. Boys, they sure keep you on your toes!

David had a class to take in Houston, so I went with him and we left the kids in the very capable hands of Uncle Matt!! It was fun to get away for a few days and not have to worry about feeding dogs or feeding kids. I dropped David off at his class at Rice University and went to the Holocaust Museum, to the movies, the bookstore, a cafe, just had some fun alone in my home town. Then at night we would take advantage of the hotel hot tub, and got to eat at some great restaurants. We stayed over and extra day too, and found and awesome chocolate shop in the Galleria where David bought my mother's day gift! He knows me so well!

Now it's the end of school rush, with awards and parties and tests every time we turn around. I am more than ready for school to be over. Riley had his AP Human Geography test, and they've both had STAAR tests and end of course exams, and Riley still has finals coming up. I'm DONE! I am ready for summer, and I know they are too!

No comments: