Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall Break, Week 1

We've had a pretty uneventful Fall Break so far, knock on wood! There was a birthday party on Saturday, we slept in on Sunday and went to the late service, and wow, that was different. We usually go to the early service, so it just seemed like the day was gone before we even got to lunch! On Monday I took the kids to Gattiland for Mom's Eat Free day.

Tuesday was a lazy day. We stayed in our pj's most of the day, I did some laundry, and started watching Heroes, Season 1 on DVD so I can jump right in to season two. I got a new Roomba that I can't wait to try out, but my kids didn't believe me when I said it's a robot that will permanently destroy and dispose of any toys that are left laying around. They just said "COOL!" and tried to turn it on so they could watch the carnage.

Yesterday we went to Ready, Set, Play, an indoor jumpy-thing place. I brought my computer and Heroes, and watched while the kids played. The good thing about Fall Break, since public school is still in, most of these places are pretty empty. So I got to enjoy some uninterrupted TV watching while the kids got to enjoy some uninterrupted playing! (You know, "stop playing that game and come pick up these toys!") David's uncle is in from Brazil, so we went to dinner with the in-laws to Threadgill's, which we normally enjoy, but this time was not great. Bad service, bad food. Very odd.

Today was the Cans Food Festival, where local theaters take cans of food for the local food bank in exchange for a free movie pass and a free popcorn. So we went to see Underdog, which was great, one of those movies the kids and mom equally enjoyed! Hit some sales at The Children's Place, and home in time for Riley to go to practice and me and Regan to have a fashion show. She's just getting to that age where she is really into what she wants to wear.

Tomorrow I will spend doing laundry and packing for our road trip, we leave on Saturday. I need to freeze some food for David, or he will either starve while I'm gone, or spend tons of money eating out. I also need to leave him a map to our mailbox, or he won't ever check it while I'm gone. And maybe a map of the kitchen too, so he will know where to find a plate or cup. Is it weird that I worry more about leaving him home alone, than I did about sending my son to sleep away camp??

No comments: