Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




After uploading my pictures of Thanksgiving Day, I realized I only got pictures of food. It was kind of a low key Turkey Day, with Pam and Dave in Brazil, we were all sad :( Plus, it was 10 years ago this week that mom died, so I wasn't feeling too celebratory. And David watched a Food Network Thanksgiving special and decided we had to recreate it. He made a pulley system from Alton Brown to lower the turkey into the oil. We made Giada's baked mashed potatoes and Big Daddy's sausage stuffed fried stuffing balls and gravy and Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Toffee Bars (quite possibly the best thing I've ever eaten!). And the night before, with the leftover mozzarella I made my favorite salad, a Caprese Salad.

We had Alex and Melissa over, and we ate, and we watched some of the football game (David decided to root for the Aggies since they are a "more conservative" school) and that was about it. Pretty low key and laid back.

No comments: