Saturday, January 12, 2013

The cookies are here!







We had a busy Saturday. Up bright and early (and nasty and rainy) to get 250 cases of Girl Scout cookies! It was different this year, we had to line up at the Dell Diamond parking lot where they had a row of 6 or 7 18 wheelers all packed with cookies. You pull up to each 18 wheeler and they load whatever you need in the back of your truck, you didn't even need to get out of your truck this year!


Then back to my house where the rest of the troop came and picked up their cookies. Sales don't start until Wednesday, booth sales on Saturday, but I didn't want to have to try to find room in my house for all those boxes and try to keep a chewy puppy away from them all!

So, Regan has her initial order of 540 boxes to sell. She wants to sell 1500 this year, but I'm not up for that. I told her we would do 1000, and then think about it. She said Dad should do the last 500 with her, and I'm ALL about that!

Then, in the afternoon, Regan and David had the annual Father/Daughter Girl Scout event. This year it was "Minute to Win It" games. They had fun, it was hot and muggy so they were wearing shorts, in mid-January!

No comments: