Sunday, February 16, 2014

Marathon Selling!

Regan has almost always sold over 1000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. The first year we didn't, but every year after that we have. She loves being a "top seller" and getting recognized at the awards ceremony at the end of the year, and of course, all the prizes that go with being a 1000+ seller! Well, she's been wanting to UP that goal for a while now, and I've been dragging my feet. I get tired of people thinking I'm MAKING her do all these booths, poor child! But this year, we have a different baker so we got some different cookies, and I thought this might be a good year to try a higher goal.

Well, then we had all the bad weather and they canceled a lot of our good booths, and I didn't think we would make it. THEN, they extended the sale by 2 weeks, and I said, "Let's go for it!" Well, not the 2000 she was WANTING!! But, we are so close now to hitting 1500!!

But of course, that includes a few days of marathon cookie selling! We spent the day bouncing back and forth between Walmart booths with other crazy cookie friends! I actually think the 8 hours of booths was harder on me than on her, since I was coming down with a cold. And our last booth, from 6-8, the birds attacked and I got pooped on a couple of times, but so did the table and our boxes, and everything, it was SO gross! Thankfully our partner had some wet wipes so we were able to clean everything off. Overall, it was a pretty "crappy" booth :)

So here is Regan and her friend Natalie at the beginning of the sale, and Regan and Marillah at the end.



No comments: