Thursday, October 18, 2007

Komen Race for the Cure

I'm a little behind this year, but I finally signed up again. I can't tell you what it means to me to do this race every year. My friend Tereasa always walks with me, and just being there with over 20,000 people, seeing all the pink shirts on the survivors, or the pink tags on the back of the shirts of people walking to honor someone, or in memory of someone, it's just awe-inspiring. I will never forget one year seeing a man, probably close to my own age, pushing a baby in a stroller and holding a little girl, and on the back of his shirt, his pink tag said he was walking in memory of his wife. His daughter had a tag that said simply, "In memory of...mommy". How heart wrenching. So, I do this every year in memory of my mom, who lost her battle with breast cancer almost 8 years ago, and in honor of my grandma, and my 2 aunts who have also battled breast cancer. If you would like to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, you can do so on my race center page HERE.

Thanks!

No comments: