Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ohio Day Five - Columbus Zoo!

Columbus Zoo and Aquarium

Today was the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. It is one of the nicer zoos I have been too. It's also superman HUGE. We walked for miles it seems!! Even the kids were exhausted when we left. They had manatees, komodo dragons, gorillas, elephants, rhino's, just all kinds of things. It was the perfect day also, probably about 80 degrees. I DO NOT miss the texas heat right now!!

We came home and got Grandpa and headed to Mount Vernon, which is the nearest town to where they live. It's a small country town, but at least they have a Walmart and McDonalds! We ate dinner at Fiesta Mexicana, a little Mexican place, that really was some of the best Mexican food I've had (outside of Chuy's). It was yum! Riley was upset that he didn't get to ride the 4 wheelers today, but at least he's not nearly as lonesome for his daddy. That is one daddy's boy there. I need to go soak my feet cause tomorrow we're going hiking!! I hope I can keep up!!

No comments: