Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stomach Bug

I don't know if there is something going around, but between David and I, the last few days have been miserable!! David has had some sort of stomach bug the last few days, and I guess he passed it on to me. It's NOT fun here. David missed work Monday and Tuesday because of it. Last night, after Daisy Scouts, I came home and just had the worst pain ever. You can't sleep because of the pain, which is bad cause it just makes you so weak and tired. I tossed and turned on the couch most of the night, trying to get comfortable, and wasn't real happy when David woke me up this morning freaking out about his tongue. He stuck it out and it was black. So I stuck mine out and wouldn't you know, solid black. Disgusting. Then the panic sets in, is there some kind of poison in our house, do we have some rare spreading disease, do we need to go to the hospital? Kind of a mini-freak out. Then I googled it. Then I feel like and idiot. We had been taking Pepto chewables, and for whatever reason, it turns your tongue black. So, that mystery solved. Still don't know what the stomach bug is, but at least for now the pain is gone. I haven't left the couch all day, and the kids have been angels today, I SO owe them for this one!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Oh my! Black tongue? I would have freaked too!! I'm so sorry you are sick like that. Hoping it passes soon!!