Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jump Camp



So Riley went for his second sleep away camp this summer, this time to Jump Camp with our church, and when I went to pick him up from the church, I got real nervous, because his camp counselor said he wanted to speak to me. Uh-oh, that's not usually a good sign. So I go over and prepare myself for the worst, and he tells me that they told their bunk at the beginning of camp that they would give a prize at the end of camp to one of the kids who best exemplifies the fruits of the Spirit. They read the scripture, and they said they would be looking to see who they think met those qualifications, but they weren't going to keep reminding them, and telling the kids about "rules" and stuff. And at the end of camp, they picked Riley to win the prize. The counselor said that Riley showed an amazing amount of growth this week at camp, and truly demonstrated the fruits of the Spirit.

Of course, at this point I'm thinking they have the wrong kid (not really) but I thought wow, that's nice, he will probably win some candy or something, but no, check out his super awesome prize:


It's an Enjoi Skateboard, a really nice one! He was stoked! His counselor has even called the house again to tell us again how great Riley was at camp. I'm so proud of him! And he hasn't let that board out of his sight either, he's been practicing his Ollie's. He even tried taping his feet to the board to see if that would help him. But he loves it and now wants to spend any free time at the skate park. Thanks to Raphael and Travis, you guys rock!!

No comments: