Thursday, July 10, 2008

Park, Gymastics and Skating, Oh My!

We've been trying to keep busy close to home lately, so we haven't done a whole lot this past week. Ran some errands, went to the free movie to see Water Horse which was much better than I was expecting it to be, I even teared up a bit towards the end.

And then, the thing I've been so excited about for weeks and weeks...one of my friends is a professional photographer and I finally managed to get it together and have her photograph the kids. I have wanted to do this forever, and you know how it goes, something always comes up. I can't WAIT to see the pictures she took, she's REALLY good, as you can see at her blog, Mollie Kendall Photography, so we met up with her at this really awesome park in Georgetown and she took off with the kids to get some pictures. I think Riley was a little confused about it, he thought this was his first paid modeling gig, he asked her how much SHE was paying US to take his picture. He doesn't have a big head or anything does he?

I had to bribe the kids with McDonald's lunch and time at the park if they behaved, so we went to the playscape after, which is like this wooden fortress, it's really neat, and we ate and ran around while I took my own, very inferior pictures. But we had fun for about 1 hour, then it got about as hot as the surface of the sun, and even Regan said, "Mom, my hair is sweating, I want to leave."
San Gabriel Park

So we went home to rest up a bit before gymnastics and then after gymnastics we met up with some of Regan's Girl Scout friends for Family night at the skating rink. Now, Regan has never liked skating too much. I bought her those kiddie skates that fit over your shoes and she never wanted to wear them, and when we've gone skating in the past, she would do one lap around the rink and be done. This time was no exception. Only she was mad that she didn't know how to skate. I told her, it's not like something you're just born knowing how to do, you have to practice, but her friends were quite good, and she was upset that she couldn't be out there going fast with them, but she spent most of her night holding the rail and taking her skates on and off.
Skating

They were wiped out by the time we got home!

No comments: