Thursday, June 28, 2007

Circus!

Circus!

So last night we had tickets to the Ringling Brother's and Barnum and Bailey Circus!! I was just as excited as the kids! We had an extra ticket since Kenzie wasn't going with us, so my friend Tammy's daughter Angie came. It was awesome, I just love the circus. The kids had a blast, I think overall the clowns were the favorite, although Riley liked the motorcycles in the sphere, and Regan loved anything with animals, the horses, elephants, cats, dogs and white tigers.

The real fun began when the circus was over. David had to meet us there and managed to find a closer place to park, so he and Riley took off for his car, while me and the girls headed for mine. Well, it started to sprinkle. No biggie, we won't melt. Then, out in the middle of nowhere, the sky opens and we get drenched. No where to run, no where to hide at that point. And that wouldn't have been so bad except I was trying to find a shortcut back to the parking garage, and ended up going a block too far. We ended up carrying our sandals, I couldn't see for the rain pouring in my face, and we ended up in the wrong parking garage! So, by the time we walked up 3 flights of stairs, back down, found the right garage, and up another 3 flights, we were bedraggled and looking like drowned pups! Quite the adventure. I took pictures of the circus, none are great, but there were some funny ones of the kids wearing a funny hat and enjoying their snow cones and cotton candy. Man, I felt 10 again!!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Oh you know how I feel about the circus :( But I'm so glad you guys had fun together and made so many wonderful memories!