Monday, June 4, 2007

One week down...six to go!

I can't believe a whole week of summer is gone already. It's odd, for the last 3 months of school we count down the day until summer, then with one day of having half the neighborhood in the house, juice spills, running out of chicken nuggets, trying to feed the neighborhood, the cat escaping while the door is open (and shut, and open, and shut) the kids fighting, hide and seek in the house, cartoons blaring, my computer being taken over by Webkinz, and then to cap it all off, the ever dreaded phrase..."MOM!! I'M BORED!!" it's amazing how fast I hope summer will go.

We spent several days at the pool last week, with some friends from school. The kids tans have already started, their hair is getting lighter, they look so cute and sun-kissed. Today the kids started summer camp at Camp Double Creek. Regan is the most excited about getting to ride horses. Riley is bummed that he's too young for the paint ball and rock wall, but I think he'll find plenty of other things to hold his interests. I'm hoping to be able to get some pictures of them at camp this week to post.

No comments: