Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Goals

This year, I am setting some goals, not resolutions, and thanks to my friend J, I am listing them here:

Goal #1: To be healthier, exercise more, eat more organic, less processed foods, and take better care of myself, so I can take better care of my family. I decided instead of saying, "I need to lose __ pounds" and instead concentrate of being healthier, the weight will come off.

Goal #2: To work on the house. We've lived here 2 years now and there is a LONG list of things we have wanted to do to the house and never started. I want to paint my kitchen cabinets, paint the kitchen, basically paint the entire house, but also update all the 80's looking cabinets in all the bathrooms, and all the funky shiny brass light fixtures. This place could be awesome if we just did a little bit of updating, and did I mention, I'm getting WOOD FLOORS in February!! If I say it often enough, David will not go into shock when the time comes.

Goal #3: To be more responsible financially. I have to say, I think we do pretty well in this area, we have less than 2K in debt, my truck is almost paid for, and we don't have a ton of credit cards. But, I do feel like we spend more than we should on frivolous things like eating out and buying things for the kids. But I want to get completely out of debt and if we can't pay cash, we don't buy it. I want to save more, and learn to be happy and content with what we have.

Goal #4: To volunteer more. David will see this and groan. He thinks I do plenty at the kids school right now, but I mean more at church, and I have wanted to get back into CASA for a while now, since the kids are in school I have the time to do that. For the past two years at church it's been very nice just going and not being involved, but I think it's time to step up there and start doing something. My entire life raised in church, I've done just about every position there is to do in a church, so I shouldn't have a hard time finding something to do now!

And generally, I think we should all be thankful for what we do have. God has blessed each and every one of us with something, and sometimes it's easy to sit back and complain that we don't have as much as some people, or we don't have what we really want, but overall, we have our health, we have a roof over our head, and David is employed, our kids are healthy and happy, I feel so blessed!!

I hope everyone has a great and prosperous new years, and don't forget to set some goals for yourself, and look back on them next year and see how we've all grown!

No comments: