Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blue October ROCKS!


So my first night out (alone) in a LONG time and my first live concert since Hootie and the Blowfish (wow, did I just show my age or what!) but it was so much fun!! Blue October is my favorite band, they totally rock live, the opening band was...interesting, totally weird, but fun to laugh at (think neck to toe, silver, body-hugging spandex)!! But the concert was great, and I realized that I am really getting too old for the live concert scene. Maybe in a different venue, but this was La Zona Rosa, it was crowded, which made me kind of dizzy, and maybe being a responsible adult and not a young partier, I just couldn't help standing there, looking around, and over thinking everything. I would see a couple, they would both be pretty drunk, I would be thinking, okay, who is the designated driver, did they park near me, and can I get out of here before them? I sound like a barrel of fun, right?!

The band was awesome, the songs were great, and I really did enjoy the show, and I would love to see them again, from what I hear, I would probably like seeing them in New Braunfels when they play on the river. So, thanks Melissa for my ticket!! You rock!! And my kids are really, really sick of all my Blue October cd's!!

No comments: