Monday, March 17, 2008

Travis County Jail

Kenzie and I went to visit Daniel, in Travis County Jail. I hadn't seen him in over 4 years, and Kenzie hadn't seen him in over 5 years. He looks really good, he's in jail for tampering with evidence I think, apparently he had drugs on him when he was stopped by police and he tried to swallow them. He said he has a weak case and he might end up spending 2 years in jail this time. But he will at least be off the streets and warm. We had a good visit, typical Aldridge family visit, cracking jokes and laughing, I think the people around us thought we were odd that we were having such a good time! But we were so happy to see him, and see him looking so good. He looks older, hard to believe he's a 30 year old man and not my baby brother anymore! He's talking about going to the Dream Center in LA when he does get out, which would be awesome, so we're trying to see if we can get something worked out. But if anyone wants to see him, you don't have to be on a list, his day is Monday, from 6-9, and I think you can go on weekends, but not sure the times, but weekends are contact visits. And you can write him also, so if you want to write to him, email me for his inmate number, and DOB, that has to be on all correspondence.

No comments: