Saturday, March 29, 2008

The "G" Word!

Oh wow, I am SO not ready for this one! We've had some new people moving into our neighborhood, and one of them was a nice lady and her granddaughter, Kali. I got a call from her one day saying Riley invited Kali to church with us and she wanted to make sure that was okay. I'm fine with that, we're easy, we usually have extra kids with us no matter where we go, that's just our life! Kali has been on spring break this week so every day after school, her grandma said she was sitting and waiting for us to get home, and she would run right over and play until the sun goes down. So last night Riley drops the G bomb. Yep, Kali is his first Girlfriend. My little boy has a Girlfriend. HOW? He doesn't like girls yet, does he? I thought girls were supposed to still have cooties at this age!! Mom is in denial, can you tell?

Then this morning he tells me he had breakfast at Kali's house, uh, what? He was in such a hurry to go out and play that he ran out without eating and just ate with them. At lunch, Kali ate with us and I heard Regan telling them, "moms and dads are always yelling, so if you two get married, then you will yell all the time too". Great, so now my son is getting married, and I do nothing but yell all the time??!!

Man these kids grow up too fast. I was just looking at pictures last night of Riley when he was four and cut his hair so short I had to shave him practically bald and he looked like something that came out of a horror movie, with some ginormous alien skull, and now he has his very first girlfriend and going outside so he can lay on the trampoline and call her on his cell phone, and they email each other and it's so cute, and yet so disturbing, and I just can't deal!

But, she is from Louisiana, so all you grandparents will be proud!!

No comments: