Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Break Begins...

And now what? It's a week shorter this year due to school construction, so we only have 2 weeks off, but still, I'm looking forward to going two weeks with no referrals or ISS for Riley, and sleeping in!! But, we had our nice little San Antonio trip postponed because David has to work, bummer. I'm sure we'll still go, it's just more fun to go during the week when things won't be as crowded, and we would have more time to do other things besides just Sea World. But, Riley is probably tall enough to ride the Great White now, so that will probably be all he wants to do there this year.

So the hunt is on for me to find things to do with the kids while David is out of town and make the most use out of fall break. I'm drawing blanks, mostly because I just didn't want to be in town. I'm sure we'll come up with something. I'm hoping my house will get clean at least one day. I've been subbing and helping out at the school, and of course, the house is back burner, so right now it looks like a war zone.

But, on Friday, I did take the kids after school to Fuddrucker's where Regan entertained the other customers with a pole dance. The table they like to sit at is a round booth with a pole at the opening, and Regan for some reason loves that pole. I should be scared, right? Then we went to the dollar movie to see Space Chimps. I can't really tell you how it was, after subbing for PE for 2 days, I was exhausted, and pretty much as soon as the movie started, I passed out.

Not much else going on to report. I'm sure we'll end up having a great fall break. Now if only the weather would start feeling more fall-ish...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always make a trip to Louisiana and see their grandparents and Cousin Alli....