Sunday, September 7, 2008

Riley's Present

Riley happened to see this:

And he thought it would be a good idea to make it, or something like it for my birthday. He's so sweet, and so thoughtful. It was a great idea, and the thought that counts, right? So he went to work, nevermind that we didn't have the important ingredients. He improvised! We opened a fruit gelatin cup that we had bought for his lunch, I think it was a peach/mango mixture, and put it in a glass. Next, he mixed up a rice pudding cup with some milk so it would pour on top of the jello mixture. For the fruit topping, the only fruit we had at the time was some pretty ripe bananas, so he mashed some up on a plate and scooped it on top. Yum! I didn't have the heart to tell him I don't like bananas, or rice pudding, or jello really. I ate some, until dad came to the rescue and said, "Hey, you'll ruin your dinner if you eat all that right now!!"

The finished product:


When I told Mimi what he made me he said, "See mom, I am a good kid." And yes, he is. I never want him to think that I think otherwise. Even though he is having some major issues in school this year, at heart I know he IS a good kid, and we are raising him right, and he has a sweet spirit, and he's going to turn out to be a great man.

No comments: