Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fogo de FIGHT!!

We went to Fogo de Chao to celebrate my birthday tonight, met my BFF Tammy and her husband Jay, we don't get together nearly often enough, so we all had a great time without kids!! Jay had eaten at a similar place in Brazil, so he was anxious to try it, and of course, we never need to look too hard for a good excuse to go back. It was awesome, as usual.

Then, the guys go out to get the car from the valet parking, while Tammy and I went to "powder our nose" and then met up with them out front in time to see a fight! A young guy, there with his mom, upset about something, starts yelling at an older guy who was walking by, "What the eff are you looking at?" And of course, that's all the motivation some guys need to start slinging punches. They were on the ground before we knew it, you could hear knuckles connect, shirts rip, glasses fly off, it was crazy. Jay and David were trying to get them off of each other, and keep us out of harm's way, and then, just like that, it was all over. And, just like men, they were shaking hands and HUGGING! What's that all about? They nearly tear each other a new one, and then they're all, "My fault," "No, my fault" and hug it out. Guys(?)

So we get in the car and I was wondering if that young guy was drunk or something, and David says no, he was just upset, his mom and dad got divorced last year, on his birthday, today is his birthday and his dad's not talking to him, and he's upset. My jaw hit the floor, usually I'm the observant one and I didn't catch ANY of that!! I was like, how in the world did you pick all that up from that fight?! He said no, he and his mom were arguing while they were waiting for the car. Oh, right.

We then went to Mozart's on Lake Austin and had some coffee (not me, or I would be awake till this time tomorrow!) and got to sit and visit and just enjoy being out with friends and not running around after little ones. It was an enjoyable birthday dinner.

No comments: