Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Traditions

We decorated the tree tonight, with Alvin and the Chipmunks in the background (nothing makes it feel more like Christmas to me than hearing ALVIN!!!) I love that the kids are so into it, pulling each ornament out, asking what it is, where it came from, what special meaning there is behind it, and I love more that most of them DO mean something now. It's not just a box of shiny stuff that I bought cause it looked nice.

There's some of my favorites cause they're cute, my Dr. Seuss One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, it just looks neat cause they are all hanging and look like they are swimming. My red toy robot (both given to me by my mother-in-law who knows I'm just a kid at heart!) And then the more meaningful ones, all the kids pictures, including Daniel and Kenzie, as paper angels, Regan made a baby Jesus in a walnut shell in Pre-K, which is adorable, the ornament with Jake's picture inside, the dough ornaments we all painted one year, the ones bought the years the kids were born, etc. I just love taking them all out each year and showing them to the kids and hopefully one day they will have some of these same ornaments and they will be telling their kids about them, where they came from and what they mean to them as well.

Our tree is by no means the most beautiful tree on the block, but it's certainly the most beautiful one in my eyes.


No comments: