Friday, January 8, 2010

Awake 21

Our church is participating in a world-wide event called Awake 21, which is 21 days of prayer and fasting at the beginning of the year to seek God's will for this new year, and new decade. Well, we've decided to do a variation of the Daniel fast, no meats and no sweets (and no wine, but that's not a big issue for us) the meats however, have been a challenge, and then this is what I get to wake up to every day of my fast:


Two days before the fast began, I had to stack 210 cases of Girl Scout Cookies in my living room (because our garage door is still broken, and it was FREEZING when we picked them up and didn't want to sort them anywhere but in a nice, warm house!) Thankfully most of the cookies have been picked up by parents, but I still have the 30 cases we ordered and will also have the pleasure of selling them at cookie booths over the next 6 weeks. So it's either a really bad time to try to fast, or a really good time and I will learn a lot over the next few weeks!

No comments: