Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Bye Bailey

Today was the day. We knew it was coming. Poor Bailey, he was uncomfortable, and was having a hard time breathing, and his eye was so red and leaking all the time, he had lost a lot of muscle mass in his head, and his lip was forever drooling and making him miserable.

We didn't want to take him in on Regan's birthday, and I hated doing it while she was at camp, but I really didn't want to wait another full week and weekend. So David had taken off to spend the day with me since both kids were occupied, and we took Bailey in. We sat with him while they gave him the medicine, and although I thought I wasn't too emotionally attached, I still balled like a baby. It's so hard to say goodbye to our pets, even when we know it's the right thing to do.

Goodbye Bailey, you were the sweetest dog, and you will be missed. Have fun running around with your big brothers Jake and Miller!

No comments: