Monday, April 25, 2011

The Oasis






We went to The Oasis last summer when Regan was at camp, and she has never let us forget about it. She bugged us all the time to take her there. When I saw a Groupon for The Oasis, I snapped it up so we could finally take her. Then it was about to expire, and David had the day off, we thought it would be a good idea to go for lunch.

It started out nice and cloudy so it wasn't too hot, but it got hot while we were eating. She did like it, and wanted her picture taken with every single sculpture they had out there! We did need a bit of attitude adjustment with both kids when we got there, they thought we were going to Sea World or Six Flags or something, so were a little perturbed to just be going "to lunch." But, they got over it and we ended up having a nice lunch, even though it's been super windy.

Then we went to Zookeeper's to get food for Drake. It's so gross, they're called "pinkies" and only .95 cents each, and little tiny hairless dead mice babies. And they just grab them with their bare hands. Not a job for me, that's for sure. But they had some prairie dogs in and the kids got to hold and pet one, and they are the cutest things EVER! I tell you, if they weren't $135 bucks and probably require so much work, I wouldn't mind one myself. They are adorable!! Good thing David was there to keep me grounded.

No comments: