Friday, June 6, 2008

Before and...During?

Well, now that summer is here, I've been toiling away on the house. The first week of summer we didn't do much but save gas by staying home and cleaning up and going to the pool. This week the kids are at Camp Dobulecreek again, so I've been using the time to get some much needed projects done around the house. Nothing is quite finished yet, but I'll show you the progress I've made so far.

First is a curtain I got for the dining room, nothing special, just that fact that we've lived here over 2 years and I finally got ONE curtain! (And Ricky likes it)

Then I took a bunch of kitchen cabinets off and started sanding and painting them. I'll post those pictures when I get closer to being done, which could be NEVER, I didn't realize how many cabinets I had, and they're all so big and it's just taking me forever to get them painted.

But I wanted to update the kids bathroom, less puppies, more grown up, and I like it so far. The blind in that bathroom was gross (like that when we moved in, not us!) so I found a cheap one to replace it at Walmart. And for future reference, no windows RIGHT next to little boy's toilets. I still need to paint the cabinet in there, I'm going for a darker brown, and hang new towel bars, but I like the paint color, it probably should have been a little more green, but it's close enough and I'm tired of painting.

Before:

After:

Now I am going to keep plugging away at those kitchen cabinets, and I have a light fixture in the dining room to paint, the projects just NEVER end!!

No comments: