Friday, June 13, 2008

Dad to the Rescue!

So, you may remember THIS POST about my lovely master bathroom issues WAY back in December!! Well, my dad came to the rescue!! Poor guy, came down for vacation and we put him to work. But, you can see why...


All the darker center is rotten wood. I can't even tell you how many ways this bathroom was screwed up. The tile was horrible, the toilet was set all wrong, it was just a HUGE mess. But the good news...I have a working toilet again!! After 7 months of running down the hall to the kids bathroom in the middle of the night, I have my very own toilet back, I'm so excited! He broke out all the tile and cement board, cut out the bad wood, put in new wood, reset the toilet the right way, and we're good to go. Now we just have to re-tile it, but we are going to re-tile the entire bathroom, and David feels confident he can do that on his own, so now we just have to go tile shopping. What was going to cost us thousands in repairs has cost us next to nothing so far. My dad ROCKS!

No comments: