Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Sad Day

Family Pictures

Today was a sad day...my dad and Linda had to leave. I really, really, really miss them living here. I told them I am praying for them to move back, so if you're reading this, pray for them to move back too!! Ohio is pretty, but it's too dang far! And who needs a garden, right? We have HEB. Or Whole Foods. Anyway, I'm just sulking some, so I know I'm being selfish, but it would be great if they could find a way to move back down here to be with the grandkids, just think of poor little Ashley crying her eyes out saying in her wee little voice, "I wanna go wif ew Gamma Winna!" How can you say no to that?!

I feel so blessed to have both a mother in law (actually two of those), and a step mom that I not only get along with, but totally enjoy being around, so I feel like I hit the family lottery!! I should count my blessings with that, but I am pushing it, I want them HERE!!

Well, here are some random pictures of their trip here, it was a whirlwind. I can't thank them enough for all they did. Linda helped me with my kitchen cabinets, I got so many more of them painted now, and a lot of the trim work done, I am so close to being done in there now! She helped me paint the kitchen, convinced me my color was a good choice even when I was having my doubts (and she was right, it's great!) My dad got my bathroom fixed, it's a miracle!! He showed David how to do some other repairs around the house, since David isn't exactly mechanically inclined! So at least now we are on the right track.

Can't wait for you guys to come back, I promise next time it will be more of a vacation, and less WORK!!

No comments: