Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Campers

Camp Doublecreek

Today was parent's day at Camp Doublecreek, and I can't say how much the kids love this camp. They've looked forward to this camp pretty much since they day they left last year, talked about it all year, wondered how come they couldn't go to camp over the weekends in the winter time, counted down the days until they could go this time. We even signed up for the very first week so they could go immediately.

Well, aside from a small downpour for about 10 minutes while I was there today, it was nice. Regan was pretty clingy, wanting me to stay right by her side the whole time I was there so I didn't get to watch Riley do much, but when I did check on him, they were playing football in the rain, and four square, so nothing terribly exciting anyway (to me at least).

I got to watch Regan do swim lessons, she's getting pretty good, and then they played some games, farmers vs. ranchers, which is a kickball type game, and a few other ones. Then parents had to leave so kids could do their ribbon ceremony. Riley got a ribbon for "great camper" and Regan got a ribbon for "best attitude"!

As usual, they were exhausted by the end of the week, and can't wait to go back.

No comments: