Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Dishwasher


I'm so excited! The dishwasher we had was what they originally put in the house some 14 years ago. It was old, half broken, loud as all get out, and was missing a lot of its prongs. I put up with it because we've been taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University classes, and we decided we would only pay cash for things from now on. We were going to save money to buy a new dishwasher, but honestly, it wasn't really high on my priority list at the moment.

Then Matt, who has been staying with us for a while, said he wanted to buy us a dishwasher for letting him stay here. I was thinking sweet! I'm not picky, I didn't care, you could stuff two monkeys in a box with our dirty dishes and they would come out cleaner than they are currently. Then he told us this is the one he wanted to get us, the LG and I don't know the model number, but it has a handle on it, and the controls are at the very top. I know that the few times we've been appliance shopping and just glanced at dishwashers, this was the one I was always drooling over. They delivered it today, David got it installed, and I loaded that bad boy UP!

I was amazed at how much it could hold, which is a good thing since I cook a lot, it seems I always have a full load ready to go. I turned it on, and you had to be *very quiet* just so you could hear it running! No more pausing the TV during the rinse cycle! No more waiting to go to bed before you turn the dishwasher on, then forgetting to do it, and waking up to no clean bowls for cereal! It's so quiet, and the next morning, it was still hot, the dishes were super dry, and super clean! You know I'm an old married person when I can get so worked up over a new appliance. I didn't take a picture of ours because I don't have any stainless cleaner yet, and there are finger prints all over from getting it installed. But it sure is pretty, and I LOVE it!

No comments: