Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



After weeks of pestering Riley about what he wanted to be for Halloween, he couldn't make up his mind, other than something terrifying like the Chainsaw "Master" (he thinks it's master and not "massacre"). But, mean mom that I am, nixed the Leatherface idea, but for reasons unknown, other than the fact that it was 1:00pm the day OF Halloween and we were out of ideas, I decided to let him be Jason, from Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm St. I don't know cause I don't watch scary movies, and he doesn't know cause he hasn't seen them either (and probably never will, judging by his response to our one Haunted House trip, which you can read about further down).

So this leads us on a trek of all the stores in the North Austin metroplex, a couple of Wal-Marts, Target, Goodwill, and finally, an overpriced, simple hockey jersey with foam rubber hockey mask at Party City that we had to wait in line about 30 minutes for. The things we do for our children, right? I've already warned him that if I don't get good enough advanced warning next year, he will go as a 5th grader, and that's that.

But, we had fun trick or treating, and passing out our candy, I got smart this year and took ours with us and passed it out on the road, so I didn't come home to a bowl full of chocolate! We came home, the candy wasn't even looked at, the kids wanted to watch TV for a while, and we all passed out pretty early. Of course, David was awakened Saturday morning by the crackling of candy paper...

No comments: