Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Market in Campulung

Campulung Market

On Saturday morning, we got up and headed out to the market in Campulung. We stopped by Estera's family store and got some homemade Zakouska for the trip. Once we got to the market, I think we sounded, and looked, like American Idiots. Everything was so bright, and colorful, and flavorful! I found an oblong shaped red onion, I was so amazed by it, the lady gave it to me! So of course, I bought a bunch of vine ripened tomatoes from her. They were the best tomatoes I've ever eaten in my life, and I love tomatoes! I went to the cheese market and it was like a light from heaven was shining on the cheese. There were so many different kinds of cheese to choose from, but I sampled several (a lot) and finally bought half a wheel of sheep cheese. I love sheep cheese. And it was like a little slice of heaven. There's another cheese there that they wrap tree bark around and put in a cave with a fire and smoke it for months, and it's pretty good too. Kevin bought that one, and we were all taking turns sampling our purchases, and oohing and aahing over everything, we looked like we haven't ever eaten a fruit in our lives! Amanda bought these peppers that we were eating raw like the Iron Chef guy, just taking bites out of them, and the fresh bread and honey, and Scott bought some Mici (like sausage) from a stand, and we had one of the best lunches of my life just standing there sampling everything! It was like a Romanian version of Costco right there. I've never seen such beautiful produce.

No comments: