Thursday, October 7, 2010

Romania or Bust!

I know I have been pretty bad about keeping up with my blog lately, but we've been so busy now I don't know where to go back and try to catch up! But, I'll start with the big thing...Romania!!

It was funny, David and I have been spending some time lately talking about our goals in life and together and what we really want to do with ourselves. You know, grown up stuff. I have always had a heart for missions, specifically for working with kids in other countries, but after having kids of my own and settling down into our home school routine, I figured that was a dream that I had to give up for now. But, it's always been there, and in talking about our goals and dreams, I said it, I want to go to the mission field!

A pastor in our church recently moved his whole family to Xai Xai, Mozambique and I told David if they ever need assistant pastors, I would go tomorrow! Sadly, David does not share my love of the mission field (I think it's just because he hasn't gone on a missions trip yet). But anyway, I prayed for my opportunity to come, in God's time.

Well, it wasn't long, about a week or two later, that the children's pastor at our church asked me as I was picking up the kids from class, "Hey, you wouldn't happen to want to go on a missions trip to Romania to work with kids would you?" Uh, where do I sign?! So, that was the beginning. I applied and got my passport in less than a week. I was worried about the money because at this point, David and I didn't have the $1550 to go, but put it in God's hands. If he wanted me to go, he will provide. As Christine Caine recently said at church, "God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called!"

So here it is, I leave in 2 weeks, and most of my trip is now paid for! David has taken the time off from work and is excited to get to spend some quality time at home teaching the kids, and the kids are excited that I get to go follow my dream, and buy them presents from another country!

Here is the official letter that details exactly what all we will be doing there, and a list of websites for more information also. I just ask that you pray for me while I'm gone, and pray for my family, as much as I like to think I'm indispensable around here, I'm not, and I know they will be okay, but I'm mom, and I am a little worried!


Can you envision a land where 97% of the population is either atheist or agnostic?

We will be traveling Oct. 24 - Nov. 4th with a team from Celebration Church,
Georgetown, Texas, to Romania where there truly is less than 3% of the population
who profess to be Christian and less than 1% who would consider being a part
of a life giving church. Our 10 day trip will focus on bringing a life giving message
to students in local campuses and to children in small villages. We will literally
be in front of thousands of students during our time in Romania.
Our trip will include the following:

* Partnering with 'Campus Crusade for Christ' where we will provide leadership
and business seminars to students attending local universities, hosting student
Q&A nights, and 1-on-1 ministry in the dorms.

* Sharing Christ with young people at a local youth camp during a lock in with
'Child Evangelism Fellowship'
http://cefonline.com/, and 'God is Center Stage
Ministries'.

* Hosting marriage seminars in three villages, preaching in local churches to
Christians who are hungry for a fresh Word, ministering in the Gypsy villages
and visiting children in their local schools.

Please take a look at the following web sites for additional information.


http://www.celebrationchurchtx.com/mission-trips/
http://www.ccci.org/
http://www.patraders.info/missions.html
http://www.buckner.org/world-romania.shtml

If you would like to financially support our work in Romania, please make checks
payable to Celebration Church and return to me. Note that donations made to
Celebration Church are tax-deductible. Any funds raised above the base trip amount
will go towards covering other costs associated with the trip (i.e. bonus gifts
for the children).

While financial support is important, it comes in a distant second to my need for
your prayer support. Since prayer support is so important to the success of this
mission, I would like to know if I can count on you in that area as well. Please pray
daily for the areas listed above.


I'm sure you will hear more about it from me before, during and after my trip!!
I can't wait!

No comments: