Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Feel Like a Bad Mom

Bear with me, but here's the story as to why I feel horrible:

Leo and Linda came to town to help Tiffany move some of her stuff back to Louisiana. We have a double gate in the backyard so they just pulled into the back so the trailer wouldn't be blocking our driveway. They parked next to the trampoline. Riley and Tristan were jumping on the trampoline, wrestling, and they both had their phones fall out of their pockets. So, since Leo and Linda's truck was right next to the trampoline, the boys put their cell phones on top of the truck. Probably not the smartest move, but hey, they're 10. Well, when they got down, Tristan got his phone, Riley thought Tristan had grabbed his phone too, but he didn't. So, as Riley was going over to Tristan's house later to spend the night, he calls me from Tristan's phone to ask me to PLEASE go get his phone off the top of the truck.

Well, I'm short. I can't reach. So I waited for David to get out of the shower so he could grab it for me. And I'm apparently forgetful. The next day, on our way home from church, Riley asks for his phone, and that's when it hits me like a ton of bricks, I completely forgot to have David go get it. I felt horrible, especially because David got mad at Riley about it, but I felt like it was all my fault.

David clearly remembers seeing *something* fly off the top of the truck, on the highway. Turns out it wasn't just a big leaf, but a small phone.

Bottom line, look what mom is getting for Riley now:


It's not my G1, but I think he'll like it.

No comments: