Saturday, April 18, 2009

K-5 Dance

Regan and her BFF Raquel making a silly face

Riley's idea of a school dance, pizza and Dr. Pepper

I'm such a guppy. I'm on the parent volunteer committee at the kid's school, and they weren't going to have a dance this year because no one had stepped up to organize it, and like the sucker I am, I said, "I'll do it!" The kids love the dance, and I figured, how hard can it be, right? UGH! Not that it was that difficult, but just getting everything together, the pizza and drinks and snacks to sell, the volunteers, etc. But in the end, it was worth it, the kids had a great time and we raised almost $500 for books for the school library.

And, being the guppy that I am, I also agreed to organize Teacher Appreciation Week, which is the week before Book Fair, which I also organize. This is the busiest time of year, school wise for me, as a parent volunteer. I sometimes wonder if by home schooling, my life might actually be a little less stressful!

No comments: