Thursday, May 23, 2013

Court Update

Well, court was good/bad I guess. I was hoping for easy, but we know nothing in life is easy! We got there right on time, talked to our CPS person, and overheard her talking to someone who turned out to be Elise's lawyer, and really liked that guy! But 40 minutes later, the baby daddy comes in, with his new "fiance". Now I will disclose right now, I don't like this guy. Regardless of what I think about him, he's proven himself to be a violent drug addict. I would rather chew off my own arm than to see Elise go with him. And I know he's "the dad" but I promise you 100% that David has been more of a father to her in 6 weeks time than he has since her birth. I'm sorry, but I have no respect for someone who will try to kill his 8 months pregnant girlfriend by choking her until she passes out, 3 times. Putting the baby in fetal distress is not a way to get on my good side.

So the mere thought of him trying to get full custody makes my blood boil. That combined with the fact that he's considered "indigent" since neither he nor his girlfriend work, and that entitles him to a court appointed attorney, that just sends me over the moon mad. So, basically, because he decided, probably on Tuesday, the day he got served, that he wants to be a dad, we are now in limbo while he meets with an attorney. Elise is not in the custody of the state yet, which means she has no Medicaid yet, which means last night when she was running 101.5 fever and we didn't know what was wrong as she cried all night long, well, not much we can do about that. Cause dad can't pay any medical bills, and he's holding things up in court now so we can't get therapy started or get her MRI done.

But, I guess the good side of this is, he is so far from being an acceptable dad, that it will take longer then the 12 months he will have to dig a way out of his mess. He has no job, no place to live (he's supposedly moving in with his mom which as already been declared unfit by CPS). So he will need a place to live, a job, and take a lot of parenting, and hopefully anger management classes. I think she would have a better shot being raised by timber wolves, so I don't think he's likely to get any of this taken care of in a timely manner. But still, we wait.

Kenzie did not show up for court, and was not at the address she gave CPS so was unable to be served. If she doesn't show up soon, she will be listed as abandoning Elise. That might be easier, it could be harder, I don't really know at this point.

Just a mess. But for now, and for the near future, Elise is still with us, and will likely stay with us. Baby Daddy will get supervised visits, but he wasn't happy about the stipulation that he come alone, without his fiance, and we get to have a scheduled one hour a week, so no more of us waiting for hours only to be stood up, once again, by him. He has only seen her once in the 6 weeks we've had E, so I don't think we will have too many dealings with him.

Well, I'm sad that it didn't go as we hoped, but I'm happy that I think once he fails to meet the requirements, we can be done with him for good. I'm ready for him to be completely out of the picture and let's get this show on the road. This baby needs her forever home!

No comments: