Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Elise Update

Elise


We have a court date, thank goodness. Kenzie has decided to move to Dallas, so for a while they talked about moving the case there, and I was praying they wouldn't. She moves around a lot, so I don't want this case bounced around with her. So, for now it's staying here, which is great news. I'm not exactly sure what all the process and procedures are, and all that, but I know at this court hearing, they are seeking to give the state custody of Elise, and she would still be placed with us, but would give us more options. Right now, Kenzie is supposed to be keeping up with her Medicaid, and she let it lapse, so now Elise can't get the therapy and MRI that she needs. And David and I can't get her put on our insurance since we aren't her "legal guardians". I'm the temporary guardian.

Anyway, please be praying that God's will be done for this baby! I know what I want to happen, and I'm praying that it's also what God wants to happen, and I'm praying that it will happen smoothly, and with as little disruption to Elise as possible. She's come such a long way in the 5 weeks we've had her. She is sitting up on her own now, and so proud! And she is starting to crawl, she will get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. She's starting to pull herself up, she will get to her knees and kind of freak out and let go! But she's making progress and she's such a happy and healthy baby now. I don't want anything to happen to set her back.

We appreciate the prayers! And I will update as I can. I'm trying not to go into too many details here, but feel free to email me about the situation if you want.

No comments: